8.16.2012

First House in the Old South / Louisiana Series - Fais Do-Do Shotgun

 Ok, I admit it I have been watching a lot of True Blood.  But this house has nothing to do with the show.  This is the beginning of my ode to New Orleans and the Old South.  My grandmother was from New Orleans and she used to tell me the tales of it as a little kid while eating gumbo out of a bowl on her lap.

So in honor of everything I love about Louisiana, I have decided to start building a few houses in a series that are inspired by the South.

The first is Fais Do-Do.  In Creole, Fais Do-Do is a dance party that would happen after the kids would go to bed.  So, I built a shotgun house that makes me want to do a little dance and have a party.

I hope you love it as much as I do!

-Scout











0 comments:

Post a Comment