7.24.2012

Me on Mesh...Just my opinion

For the record.  I love mesh.  Well I love details and mesh gives me the details I want in an item for very little prims - in most cases.  However I also love the ability to customize items.  I don't know about you but when I buy a home/store/random build - often the item isn't exactly what I want... But it is close.  I tend to only buy builds that I can modify.  Well, with all of the all mesh builds I have found - you either can't or it is tricky to do.  In fact for most people I wouldn't even tell you to attempt modifying them.  Bad bad mojo happens.  So, what is a builder elf to do?   Let me tell you about my - for the moment master plan.  You should lean in close as I whisper this.....

I am going to meld everything into my builds.  Yeah I know, a shocking and majorly strange concept.  Primwork has been around for eons in SL -- so obviously it works.  So I tend to shell (the walls and exteriors) of my builds as primwork.  However I am clever and know of ways to make this lower prim.  And no, I won't tell you how I do this even though I am sure you are smart enough to figure out how I do this.  I use sculpts sparingly.  Why, well cause I honestly feel that in most cases mesh is better - so why use it.  Yes, some cases - it is smarter to use sculpts.  So never be shocked if you see a few but the majority of the build will not be.  Now back to my beloved mesh....  Did I mention that I love mesh?

Any detail that you see in my builds is probably mesh.  Which means you need a viewer able to see mesh.  Why mesh when I can do it in alphas?  Well, I hate alphas.  There I said it.  I hate them.  I hate clashing.  I hate when you look at a window and the tree appears through it.  It just really irks me.  So, why should I use an alpha "sticker" corbel when I can use a mesh one that has so much more detail?  For me logically it is a no brainer.  I am not against wasting a prim or two so I can have the look that I want.  But that is me.

Ok, I vented on my opinions on the current items that I use in my builds.

I hope it clarifies a few questions that I have received...

Viva la Mesh!

-Take care
Scout

P.S. - This doesn't mean that I won't be making an all mesh build ever -- oh it is coming.  Just for now and to make the most people happy - this is the route I am travelling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment